Top 10 of Creative Armenia: September 2019
Catch the creative highlights of the first month of Autumn
September 27, 2019 | by Creative Armenia
In September, Creative Armenia's fellows, residents, and artists from across the world returned to their creative work, while new talented artists continued to apply to our programs. Here are 10 highlights from the month.
10. In Turkey, Creative Armenia-AGBU Fellow Burçin Başar presented her paintings in the annual Contemporary Istanbul art fair.
9. In Brussels, our East-West Resident Vigen Galstyan spent his one-month residency working on his new exclusive project while being powered by the artful city.
8. In Ireland, Network member Armenia Sarkissian released the Irish chapter of her intense music project Song for Saints.
7. In our magazine, writer, musician, and Network member Raffi Wartanian talked about his literary style, music project, and his service to the society in an interview entitled The Storyteller and His Chords.
5. While, our 2020 East-West Residency continued to get impressive submissions and is still open until October 15 deadline.
4. In our magazine, we exposed the many textures and patterns of our capital city Yerevan in a photo essay entitled Textures of Yerevan.
3. In the US, Creative Armenia and Serj Tankian released 7 Notes challenge compilation album.
2. In our magazine, one of the greatest short stories by William Saroyan, The Living and the Dead, got its special attention in the new installment of Buried Treasure.
1. And finally, the 2020 Creative Armenia-AGBU Fellowships is still open for submissions until September 30 deadline.