Top 10 of Creative Armenia: July 2019
Catch the creative highlights of July
July 31, 2019 | by Creative Armenia
In July, Creative Armenia's fellows, residents, and artists from across the world continued their creative work, launching new workshops and appearing on various stages across the world. Here are 10 highlights from the month.
10. In the USA, Network member Talin Megherian's collages were exhibited at the Concord Center for the Visual Arts.
9. In Australia, Network member Joseph Bohigian's laptop ensemble musical piece was performed at Monash University in Melbourne.
8. In our magazine, our first East-West resident Ruben Malayan reflected on his month at the Villa Empain in an interview entitled From East to West.
7. In Croatia, Network member Alina Gishyan participated in the International Ceramics Symposium and exhibited her ceramic art.
6. In Germany, Network member and opera singer Hayk Tigranyan performed at the international German festival Burgfestspiele Dreieichenhain in Burg.
5. In our magazine, musician and composer Miqayel Voskanyan told us about his creative career and upcoming projects in an interview entitled The Tar Master.
4. In the USA, Network member Jason Lansky got his MFA from the New Hampshire Institute of Art and held a public reading of his new screenplay Jam Session '72.
3. In our magazine, we show how some of our favorite places were invented by writers in an article entitled Mapping Literature.
2. In Gyumri, Network member Shushanik Yesayan launched her workshop on the phenakistoscope, the oldest form of animation.
1. The 2020 Creative Armenia-AGBU Fellowships launched calling for all innovative artists to apply by September 30.