Culture Check: June 2018
Moving canvases, catwalk surprises, and an electronic palace in June's Culture Check.
July 2, 2018 | by Creative Armenia
1. Beyoncé and JAY-Z dropped a joint album and put out a music video this June. Filmed inside the Louvre in Paris, the duo can be seen posing in front of the Mona Lisa.
2. Down the street, the courtyard of the Élysée Palace was converted into a giant dance floor for World Music Day. 1,500 spectators, including France’s president, took part in the unprecedented electronic music show.
3. Next year's Spring/Summer collection for men hit Milan, with actress and model Monica Bellucci making her first appearance on a catwalk since 1992. Naomi Campbell also modeled the men’s outfits.
4. The 72nd Annual Tony Awards took place in New York at Radio City Music Hall. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child picked up six awards, while Robert De Niro went on a tirade against Donald Trump.
5. In Yerevan, meanwhile, Armenian masterpieces were brought to life by theatre director Vahan Badalyan, who created immersive experiences in museums across town.
6. Finally, at a signing ceremony in Yerevan, Creative Armenia entered into a private-public partnership with the Ministry of Culture. Stay tuned for our joint plans to revitalize the arts, build creative industries, and innovate Armenian culture worldwide.