Top 10 of Creative Armenia: December 2019
Discover the holiday edition of our creative highlights
December 27, 2019 | by Creative Armenia
December was full of creativity as our fellows, residents, and artists from across the world showcased and released new projects, pushing the boundaries of creativity. Here are 10 highlights from the last month of 2019.
10. In Yerevan, Creative Armenia Network member and illustrator Lilit Altunyan won the first prize during the Children's Writers and Illustrators Contest.
9. While our 2019 East-West Resident and art curator Vigen Galstyan opened his new exhibition, Exiles and Dreamers: Panorama of 20th Century Graphic Arts from the Armenian Diaspora at the Cafesjian Center for the Arts.
7. In Yerevan, our design challenge winner and graphic artist Anahit Petrosyan published two new books with her cover designs.
6. In our magazine, we talked with Creative Armenia Network member and architectural photographer Vartivar Jaklian about his new project Anjar 1939-2019, Rebuilding Musa Dagh in Lebanon.
5. Meanwhile, Creative Armenia Network member and musician Sevana Tchakeryan launched a new project called Tsap-Tsapik Music.
4. In Moldova, Creative Armenia Network member, dancer-choreographer Rima Pipoyan performed her Hey, Kitty performance at the "Moldfest" International Festival.
3. In our magazine, we unraveled the many successes of the 2019 Creative Armenia-AGBU Fellow Arthur Makaryan's fellowship year in an article entitled The Four Stages of Arthur Makaryan.
2. Meanwhile, Creative Armenia-AGBU Fellow Victoria Aleksanyan talked with us about her upcoming narrative short film called Flight in a recent article entitled The Flight of Victoria Aleksanyan.
1. And finally, we announced the co-winners of our recent First Page screenwriting challenge Ophelia Harutyunyan and Matthew Yaldezian, who shared the $2,000 prize for their very different but equally powerful openers.