Culture Check: February 2018
Want to catch up with the culture? Creative Armenia has selected the most interesting things in the field of arts happened in February.
February 28, 2018 | by Creative Armenia
1. The Queen shocked the fashion world this month as she joined Vogue's editor Anna Wintour on the front row of London's Fashion Week.
2. Meantime literary London was debating new findings by a plagiarism software which detected overwhelming links between Shakespeare's plays and the unpublished works of George North.
3. The Turkish journalist Deniz Yücel returned to Germany after his release from Turkish prison. He'd been kept behind bars on terror allegations by the Erdogan government.
4. Arthouse and Hollywood met for the Berlinale, where Wes Anderson and Willem Dafoe were honored alongside European auteurs.
5. Opening a new chapter for Marvel studios, Black Panther smashed box office predictions, bringing in an instant 242 million dollars.
6. Parties took over Brazil, as tourists flocked to Rio for a piece of the annual carnival.
7. At the intersection of science and art, Tesla finally launched its SpaceX Falcon – the first-ever space car.