Top 10 of Creative Armenia: January 2020
Catch the creative highlights of the first month of 2020
January 31, 2020 | by Creative Armenia
In the first month of 2020, Creative Armenia's fellows, residents, and artists from across the world were in the frontlines of art, releasing new creative projects, while we made the most expected announcement of the month. Here are 10 highlights of January.
10. In Yerevan, East-West Resident Ruben Malayan talked about the culture of calligraphy at the morning show of Armenian Public TV.
9. While musician Yeva Sujyan released her debut music video for the song Love will Give Wings.
8. In Venice, visual artist Inna Kolupaeva presented her artworks entitled “Consciousness” and “Illumination” at the Anima Mundi International Art Festival.
7. In the US, musician and writer Raffi Wartanian released Critical Distance, his new album of 10 original compositions.
6. In Florence, graphic designer and Creative Armenia-AGBU Fellow Nvard Yerkanian's illustrations dedicated to Ricardo Bofill's architecture were published in Kiton magazine.
5. In Yerevan, composer and Creative Armenia-AGBU Fellow Arik Grigoryan released a new music video for the song Anush Ghayda.
4. In our magazine, we discovered the creative path of the conductor, composer, and Creative Armenia-AGBU Fellow Alexandr Iradyan in an exclusive interview entitled The Musical Matrix.
3. In Belgium, musician Sandra Arslanian released the music video Angels, which is a single from her upcoming album.
2. In our magazine, we published another Buried Treasure, this time highlighting the exceptional short story by Leonid Hurunts, entitled "My Carthage".
1. And finally, the 2020 Creative Armenia-AGBU Fellows were announced. These six powerful artists who are now pushing the boundaries of Armenia's culture.